Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leading Rape newspaper TOI

I am avid reader of Times of India since my 1st year of college life, sometimes I don’t pick my girlfriend’s call while reading a Chetan Bhagat article in the editorial page of TOI. Even the first application Installed on my newly brought feature rich Samsung Android phone was TOI. Though I don’t like Kolkata based obese and dusky model, still I glance Kolkata Times every day. So there news contents and correspondence are proverbial for me at least for Kolkata issue. I didn’t abdicate my faith on TOI even after losing the battle of filthy brand war with Hindu. 
It is a misanthropic statement but someone has to say that TOI has become rape newspaper. I have been seeing rape news on the front page of TOI since last 10-12 days. Now police are able to crack 7-8 months old rape cases. There are various explanations for this but the simple one which come in my mind is one high profile rape case. Why do media, police and government awake up when high profile comes? Why do we middle class have to wait always almost for everything? I couldn’t answer these questions but I need answers. 
According to NCRB (National Crime Records Bureau) the crime rate of rape has been decreased by 10 % compare to last 2 year but TOI is unearthing it like only rape is occurring around us. There are reasons why I am writing all this bullshit, our hostel groovy gossips has inclined on rape cases. Some of my friends are researching on different methods of rape, after research they come up with new idea of rape. It is unintendedly influencing our acumen. 
Please don’t subjugate yourself on the basis of ungrounded argument ‘freedom of press’. Actually, the constitution of India does not specifically mention the freedom of press. Freedom of press is implied from the Article 19(1)(a) of the Constitution. But there are some restrictions that are provide under the Article 19(2) of the Constitution. But editor sir had forgotten article 19(2) in the era of commercialization. Please put some respect at least for constitution of India.
Vote for me now!

5 comments:

  1. excellently expressed and i respect your views..
    But honestly TOI is going on wrong path and greater speed..

    Kindly check TOI web page and compare that with any other e newspaper page. TOI has loads of advertisements and xxx topics.
    i am not seeing TOI nowadays, because of that half page ads !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm I guess that is one way of looking at things :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. me 2 is a TOI reader nd i 2 strongly feel TOI is going astray , with loads of ads nd futile articles TOI is really following TT way....dont knw what has suddenly happened to dis gud old nwspaper
    http://campbuzzz.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  4. just wrote about the importance of women..

    http://iamexactlywhereiamsupposedtobe.blogspot.in/2012/03/importance-of-women.html

    ReplyDelete